Thursday, June 21, 2012

My Father's Daughter

Because I'm my father’s daughter...

         I often talk to strangers and make instant friends.

Because I'm my father’s daughter...
         I'm passionate about classical music and I'm a loyal listener to CBC Radio.

Because I'm my father’s daughter...

         I need a variety of people in my life, and I get blue if I spend too much time alone.

Because I’m my father’s daughter...

         I love books. I collect books. I read books every single day. I must. have. books.

Because I'm my father’s daughter...

         I'm usually involved in at least three income-generating activities at one time.

Because I’m my father’s daughter...

         I enjoy that flexibility and variety, but I’ve also learned that rest is valuable, too.

Anyone who knows both me and my dad will tell you that,
         yes, I am very much my father’s daughter.
This week of Father’s Day,
         I celebrate the gigantic life-long impact my dad has had on my life.

From my heart, I thank God for my dad.

I also remember that I’m the daughter of a Heavenly Father.

Alas, I confess that His traits don't come quite so naturally.

Every day, I hope, I long, I pray,

         that I'll be a little more like Him than I was the day before.
Because I’m His daughter,

          I pray for more much-needed patience toward other drivers on the road.

Because I’m His daughter,

          I pray for increasing courage to speak up for people who are hurting.
Because I’m His daughter...

         I pray I'll speak more and more words of gratitude.

Because I’m His daughter,

         I want to speak more grace toward those who struggle.

Because I’m His daughter,

         I pray I'll remember How much He loves me...
         instead of building myself up by tearing others down.

Because I’m His daughter,

         I pray forgiveness will become my automatic response to hurt and offense.

And because I’m His daughter...

         I pray that I'll more quickly ask forgiveness when I've been in the wrong.

In what ways are you your father’s child?

And which of your Heavenly Father's traits is He growing in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment