Friday, September 7, 2012

Justin Hines: Say What You Will


Let me introduce Justin Hines, a composer, musician and Canadian.
Justin Hines

Two years ago, Justin performed in Calgary, to a packed auditorium at Centre Street Church. I was thrilled to be part of that awed and cheering crowd. It’s an experience I won’t soon forget.
Justin was a hit with people of all ages, including my family members, who are teenagers and middle-aged adults. They were still raving about him the next day.




That night, Justin performed his song Say What You Will, reminding us to say the words our loved ones need to hear -- before it’s too late.

*****
Justin has performed throughout the States, across Canada, and in numerous countries around the world, growing more fans everywhere.
Some of his youngest fans, a Grade 4 class in Indianapolis, created their own video of Say What You Will.
 
They posted it online and sent Justin hand-written letters, inviting him to come and visit.
Justin thanked them for the letters and the video, but didn’t respond to the invitation -- at least not right away.
A few months later, Justin went to Indianapolis for another event. This is what happened the next morning. (Before you click, make sure you have Kleenex nearby.)
 
*****
I wanted you to meet Justin today, because I love the story of what Justin did for those children and their teacher. (I love it especially because I'm a teacher, but you don't have to be a teacher or a student to appreciate it.)
 
I also wanted to introduce Justin so I could tell you some great news:
 
Justin Hines is coming to Calgary this fall!
 
He's coming back to Centre Street Church on October 12, to perform in Courage: A Concert with Justin Hines and Tony Melendez.
 
I promise, you don’t want to miss it. Get your tickets here.
 
See you at the concert October 12!

No comments:

Post a Comment